Covid-19 News & Resources
In response to the public health risks associated with the COVID-19 virus, GSES continues to monitor daily updates from world, national, state, and local health officials.
Following the cancellation of on-campus classes and activities in March 2020, the school responded to community needs by continuing instruction using online resources and weekly pick-up and drop-off of educational materials. Teachers received guidance, support, and training throughout the spring and summer to meet the changing educational landscape. Steps were taken to ensure the continued support of the physical and social-emotional learning for all of our students.
GSES is actively monitoring the health situation and planning accordingly for the 2020–2021 school year and will keep our community updated. Our top priority remains the health, safety, and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff on and off campus.
A Road Map for Returning to School
Our Pandemic Response Team has spent the last three months utilizing information state and local governments, the CDC, the WHO, and more specifically the Virginia Council for Private Education (VCPE) and the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS) to develop a comprehensive plan to enable our students to return to school in August. The plan is constantly evaluated based on new and updated information to ensure that our school community has the best opportunity to succeed in having school in person every day. Click here to download the plan.
- Should schools test or screen students or staff for COVID-19 symptoms?
- What should schools do if an individual is experiencing flu-like or COVID-19 symptoms?
- What is the definition of exposure in a school setting?
- When are classroom or school closures triggered?
- How do you determine when a school should close, and if so, for how long after a case is detected in the school population?
- Can elementary schools use playground equipment? If so, how often does equipment need to be disinfected?
- What is the resource for all of the information in this table?
Parent & Student Resources