Admission and Financial Aid
Good Shepherd Episcopal School embraces the diversity of its students and admits students of any race, color, sex, gender, gender identity, disability, nationality, or ethnic origin to all programs and activities made available to students in the school.
Admission decisions are based on academic performance, potential, and growth, as well as the character of each candidate. We look at the whole child in making admissions decisions. Transcripts and standardized test scores give us an indication of the applicant’s academic abilities. Recommendations from teachers tell us more about the kind of person and student the applicant is, about his or her motivation, interests, and abilities to interact with peers and adults.
We are dedicated to offering a financial aid program that makes it possible for deserving students, who otherwise would be unable to attend, to be members of our school community. Candidates should not be discouraged from applying because of the cost of attending Good Shepherd Episcopal School. Flexible payment plans are available to all families.
TUITION AND FEES
Tuition for 2019-2020
Grades K-5: $11,000
Grades 6-8: $11,400
THE ADMISSION PROCESS
- Schedule a tour or attend an Open House. Open Houses for prospective students are held periodically; however, prospective families are welcomed to schedule a private tour any time.
- Fill out an application, found here. If you are seeking admission for middle school, there is an additional application to be completed by the student which you can download here.
- Submit transcripts and school records. Upon receipt of the application, student transcripts and school records will be requested from the present school.
- Submit confidential teacher recommendations. Teachers can mail these directly to the school or e-mail them to Elizabeth Coleman at email@example.com.
- Schedule a student visit. After an application is received, a date for a student visit and admissions testing will be arranged, at which time prospective students spend a day (half day for rising Kindergarten) at GSES and participate in the day’s activities. Applicants will also complete admissions testing during this visit day.
- Families may apply for financial aid once the applicant has been accepted to the school.
The best way to discover if Good Shepherd Episcopal School is a good fit for your child is to visit. We invite you to schedule a tour or plan a visit during one of our admissions events. We look forward to meeting you and your family!