- Good Shepherd is accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS), the Virginia Council for Private Education (VCPE) and the International Council Advancing Independent School Accreditation (ICAISA).
- The school currently enrolls 100 children in Kindergarten through Grade 8 in a co-educational, family-like atmosphere. Our preschool serves more than 42 students throughout each week.
- Ideal setting at the corner of the James River and the Forest Hill Park for place-based, outdoor education
- Parents and teachers as partners and allies.
- Average class size is 10
- Student:teacher ratio of 10:1
- Testing is diagnostic and low-pressure.
- Community service is integrated into school life.
- Families reside within 40-mile radius, in the City of Richmond, Chesterfield, Henrico and Hanover counties.
- Nearly 30 full- and part-time faculty and staff members carry out instructional, operational and administrative responsibilities. All faculty/staff hold a bachelor’s degree; 45% have earned a master’s degree.
Founded in 1973, VAIS is the leader in advancing and advocating for independent school education in Virginia. The VAIS accreditation program is one of a select few recognized at the international level through the International Council Advancing Independent School Accreditation (ICAISA). VAIS also is recognized and approved by the Virginia Board of Education through the Virginia Council for Private Education (VCPE).
By The Numbers
Student to Teacher Ratio
Average Class Size