The mission of Good Shepherd Episcopal School (GSES) is to challenge each child to achieve academic excellence within a nurturing, Christian environment that builds character and respect for all God’s creation.
As a mission driven institution, Good Shepherd Episcopal School (GSES) is committed to providing an intellectually challenging environment for each student, while laying the groundwork to help students prepare for their future academic, moral, social, and physical endeavors. Challenging each child to achieve academic excellence is our call to discover the most effective environment for each child and to differentiate the learning experience to meet those needs.
Serving children from Kindergarten through 8th grade, GSES emphasizes both student and parent commitment to learning and encourages individual students to reach their full potential. Much like an extended family, our teachers reinforce social values and respect in a nurturing, child-centered setting.
Good Shepherd Episcopal School:
- Challenges students with an academically rigorous, integrated curriculum that enhances core subjects with art, music, foreign language, technology and extracurricular activities.
- Welcomes students with a neighborhood feel and a small student/teacher ratio that encourages multi-age interaction and teamwork.
- Provides a Christian community that honors, celebrates and worships God within the Episcopal tradition in cooperation with the Church of the Good Shepherd’s mission “To Know Christ and Make Him Known”.
- Develops intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and a lifelong love of learning.
- Supports dynamic and talented teachers who shape the curriculum and encourage all students to perform at their best.
- Fosters spiritual, physical, cultural, and social development within a nurturing and loving environment.
- Values a diverse community inclusive of students from different social and cultural backgrounds instilling respect for, and awareness of self, others and nature.
- Cultivates the spiritual values of love, patience, joy, peace, goodness, kindness, gentleness, and self-control.
- Encourages community service and giving to others, particularly though team efforts.
- Seeks to develop student citizens, balancing self-confidence with responsibility and compassion, leadership with cooperation, and intellectual challenge with social acceptance and tolerance.
We invite you to get to know Good Shepherd, where we are dedicated to guiding Personalized Journeys in Learning.